Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Star Wars for the younger crowd (mini review)

So my youngest nephews, who are 4 and 5 respectively, have recently gotten into Star Wars.  These days, with all of the other things to do out there, I don't expect that they'll stay interested in it nearly as long as I have (36 years...yikes), but I figured that you can't be into star wars without having some action figures, so I set out to fix this oversight.  The problem is all of those pesky light sabers and blasters to lose.  I mean what fun is Han Solo without his trusty blaster, or Luke Skywalker without his light saber?  Then I came across the Playskool Star Wars Galactic Heroes.  They are perfect for a kids fist Star Wars Guys, as we used to call them back when Jimmy Carter was President. :-)  Their weapons are a part of the action figure, yet their arms and legs still move to allow for some degree of posing.  Sure, they are kind of squatty, but I look at that more as "stylized". :-)  I think they are a great intro for younger fans, plus they have a pretty wide selection and are suitable for ages 3 and up.

A Storm trooper with Darth Vader

 Jango Fett and Mace Windu (This can't end well)

Commander Cody and Obi-Wan Kenobi


No comments: