Sunday, February 23, 2014

Journeys in the park

Here are some photos that I took on a winter walk around the lake in North Park.
 Despite the recent warm weather the lake is still frozen, but not so frozen that I would try to walk on it. :-)

 The sky was amazingly clear and blue.  I actually had to dig out my sunglasses for the walk!

Looking from this angle, it looks much colder than it was.  In truth it was almost 60 degrees. 

It's been many years since I've seen the lake this frozen. 

I'm never quite sure that this building is, but I've always thought that it was cool.  It looks like where The Wizard of the Lake should live. :-) 


Here we can see the spillway leading out of North Park lake and the bridge.  There is a boat launching pond that you can reach by kayaking under the bridge.

No comments: