Monday, January 12, 2015

Not sure that it's worth the trip really...

So, years ago, when I was doing a lot of programming, I wrote a random adventure hook creation program.  It came up with some crazy sounding adventures and was really pretty lame, but I loved it.  Sadly somewhere along the way I lost the source code and the input files.  All that I had left was a printout with four "adventures" that it had created.  Well, I finally decided to dust off my very rusty programming skills and write a new version.  The original was written in perl, but this time I decided to try python.  Here is the results of the first run of the new version:


On a humid afternoon you meet a dandyish Bard at an inn.  The Bard tells you that 6 days journey to the south, in the dreaded chasm of impurity, can be found the depraved bridge of defilement.  It is rumored that there is hidden the broken lead short sword of derangement.

I imagine that a lot of adventurers would just say, "Yeah, thanks, but I think we'll pass..."  :-)

No comments: