Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Terrain Tuesday

In truth, most of my terrain is dungeon oriented.  I guess I'm just an old dungeoneer at heart, but I decided to make some trees, in case some bandits might need to hide behind them at the dungeon entrance.  I used a piece of 1/4 inch plywood and rounded the corners off so that it would have a little height on the table.  I used model railroad trees with the based removed.  This allowed me to attach them by drilling holes in the plywood and using a little JB Weld.  Then I coated the surface with wood glue and very corse sand and stones that I got from the lawn and garden store.  In a moment of madness, I painted the stones (nature's not good enough for me, I guess) and then did another round of wood glue to attach the flocking.  In the end, I don't think that it's too bad for a first attempt for an afternoon's work, but I think that I'm better at making dungeon pieces.  :-)

No comments: